All details about your identification and financial behavior are contained in your credit report. The 3 basic heads are – Public record information, Credit information and Personal information. It is from this information that your credit rating is done. However, more importantly, credit reports help you to manage your finances better, and you also know that if you are being cheated, you can get redress.
A sample of the Experian credit report is as follows:
– Report Number – this is to contact Experian online
– Index – to navigate through your report
– Potentially negative items – includes creditor’s name and address, your account number, account status, overdue child support, bankruptcy, and unpaid tax
– Status – indicates the current status of the account, your credit limit, balance, and loan amount & payment pattern. If you think there is a discrepancy, you could contact them immediately to start the rectification.
– Accounts in good standing – list of accounts which have positive status
– Type – whether your account is a revolving or an installment account
– Request for credit history – either by you, or by those with whom you have transactions
– Personal information – where you give your name, addresses, telephone numbers, social security numbers, date of birth, current and previous employers
The TransUnion credit report would feature:
– Personal information
– Employment information
– Geo code – indicating your Geo status
– Report Summary – this would include all transactions, monthly payments, loan instalments, and payment, as well as the balance of accounts
– Scorecard – this would give the score and the reasons for that score
– Collections – this would show all dealings with creditors, and the balance of accounts
– Public records – which would include assets and liabilities
– Trade lines – would show credit limits, and payments of all transactions
– Inquiries – which include insurance, personal finance statements, records of credit card and travel/entertainment
The Equifax credit report would show:
– Personal information
– Public records and other information
– Collection items which may include a customer statement
All 3 credit reports are easily accessible. TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian all monitor the reports on a daily basis. They all offer 24/7 customer care support, and give up to $ 20,000 identity theft coverage insurance. They also offer an Interactive Score Simulator which can help you with best financial practices to improve your credit score. You can also acquire a consumer credit report which features all 3 agencies. This will guarantee that all the information that you have on your credit report is authentic.
The most trusted credit checking companies.